donate

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Morning

Why is there superglue in the bed?
I don't mean there's a tube of it in here, or whatever it comes in these days; I am merely suggesting that I've been stuck to the bed with it and that the duvet has possibly been stuck over me in the same way. The point is that I can't get out anyway.
I can smell smoke.
I could get out if I wanted to, but I don't want. I just want to turn over and go back to sleep for the rest of the day.
I know that renders my superglue theory pointless, but I don't care.
It's getting quite hot.
Nothing will get me out of this bed. I don't even need to be up. Day off, you see. Sure, there are chores to be done, but so what? It's my day and I'll do what I want. And what I want to do is nothing, nada, zilch.
There are flames licking around the doorway.
I'm staying in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment