donate

Saturday 16 July 2016

Bank

"Good morning, madam," the teller announced enthusiastically.
"I would like to withdraw £30,000 in cash please," the customer said in a near-whisper.
"That won't be possible."
"Why?"
"It's against our policy."
"Is it too large an amount?"
"It's against our policy."
"Yes, you said that already."
"Then you understand I can't give you £30,000."
"I need £30,000 and I have more than enough in my account as I'm sure you can see on your screen."
"But I can't give you it."
"I want to speak to your manager."
The teller left her position and returned with a woman who was much more smartly dressed.
"Is there a problem?" she asked.
"Yes, there is. I want to withdraw £30,000 and I've ben told it's against your policy."
"That's right."
"Why's that?"
"Policy."
"Fuck your policy."
The customer stormed out with the intention of phoning the bank's head office and filing a formal complaint. She'd contact her MP too. And she'd close her account. She was beyond livid.
"One day they'll realise we've no money left," mused the manager quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment