donate

Thursday 31 March 2016

April Fool

It was going to be the best prank ever. He'd unplugged the alarm clock at the mains so she'd sleep in.
She would be late for work, but that was just the start of it. He'd already phoned her boss to tell him she was ill and wouldn't be coming in.
When she got over the shock, he was going to take her to that fancy place in town she liked for lunch to make up for it and then he'd paid for a hot air balloon ride. She would love it!

**
"Shit!" she declared. "Shit, shit, shit, shit!"
He was in bed, facing away from her with a grin on his face.
"What's up, darling?" he asked.
"Shit, shit, shit!" she replied.
He let out a small laugh.
"This isn't funny. Did you unplug the clock to make me late?"
He laughed some more.
She stormed out of the room. He got out of bed and put on his dressing gown.
His wife was in the kitchen making herself a coffee.
"April fool!" he announced.
"It's not bloody funny. I've got an important meeting I'm going to be late for.
"I phoned your boss last night and told him you were sick. They aren't expecting you today at all."
"Why would you do that?" She was becoming more and more irate.
"Relax, it was just for fun. I've got plans for us today."
She was on the phone to her boss. "That's right, but I feel a lot better now," she was saying.
She grabbed her bag and headed for the door.
"Where are you going?"
"To work. Where do you think I'm going?"
"But I've got plans."
"So have I. They don't involve you. You'd better be gone by the time I get back."
After the door had slammed shut he prayed that it was another April fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment