donate

Saturday 12 March 2016

Library

"Excuse me, can you..."
"Shhh!" shrieked the librarian, much louder than the woman's initial question which she so rudely interrupted.
"Sorry," whispered the woman. "Can you tell me if you've got the new book by Stephen King in yet?"
"You'll have to speak up, you're talking too quietly," hissed the librarian.
"I said..."
"TOO LOUD!" the librarian was by far the louder of the two. People were staring.
The woman sighed. "Is this volume any better?"
"A little too loud, but it will do, I suppose."
"Do you have Stephen King's latest?"
"I've no idea." The librarian folded her arms and frowned at the woman.
"Err, could you check please?"
"I could, but I'm not going to."
"Why not?" The woman was doing her best to remain calm, but the librarian was hell-bent on pushing her buttons.
"I don't like your attitude."
"My...? YOU DON'T LIKE MY FUCKING ATTITUDE, YOU CUNT?"
"And there we go. You're proving it to the whole library. You clearly have an anger problem."
The woman reached over the desk, attempting to grab the librarian.
"There it is. You all saw that," the librarian said to those who were gawping at the situation. "We've got CCTV, you know."
The woman re-thought her actions and headed for the door.
The librarian smiled. There's another one who won't be back, she thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment