donate

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Cat

"Is your cat missing?" asked the young boy.
He was very astute and had clearly noticed Judy sticking up the poster with a large photo of a cat on it and the text 'HELP! OUR CAT IS MISSING!'
"Yes," she said, deciding not to give a sarcastic response.
"Where did you lose it?"
"If I knew that it wouldn't be lost."
This answer caused the boy to screw his face up in an exaggerated display of confusion.
"I might have seen it," he said.
"Where?"
"You'll have to make it worth my while."
"What? You want money?"
"That's how it works, isn't it? I want a reward."
"I'm not giving a reward."
"Well I'm not telling you where your cat is."
Judy sighed and took out her purse. She opened it and pulled out a tenner.
"Is that enough?"
The boy rolled his eyes.
"It's all I've got," she protested.
While all this was going on, Judy's cat had arrived home and shredded a bird all over the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment