donate

Thursday 15 February 2018

Wine/Whine

He perused the green bottles in the busiest aisle in his local supermarket.
They had such a large choice, but he couldn't see the one he wanted.
"Excuse me," he said to a hapless assistant. "Do you have any of that Romanian white? I had some last week and it was excellent."
"No, we don''t stock that any more."
"Why not? It was the best wine I'd ever had. You always do this. Every time I like something you stop selling it. It's like you do this deliberately, just to me. What am I supposed to do now? I could try another wine, but then if I liked it you'd probably just stop selling that too."
The assistant leaned in towards him and spoke quietly.
"I have a suggestion."
"What's that?"
"You can shut the fuck up."
The assistant grabbed a bottle and smacked him around the side of the head, knocking him into a shelf of pre-mixed gin and tonics.


No comments:

Post a Comment