donate

Thursday 16 June 2016

Indecision

"What flavour would you like?" asked the smiling man behind the counter.
"Strawberry, please," the little boy replied.
Milkshake day was his favourite day of the week. Milkshake day was every Wednesday.
The boy looked glum all of a sudden.
"What's the matter?" his mother asked.
"I don't want strawberry."
"What do you want?"
"Banana."
"Excuse me," she said quick as a flash to the man behind the counter. "Could you make that banana instead?"
"No problem," he replied, even though it was a problem.
The strawberry milkshake went down the sink and he began making a banana one instead.
The milkshake arrived and the boy looked unhappy.
"I want a chocolate milkshake," he announced.
The man didn't seem too pleased.
"I'll have the banana one," the boy's mother said.
The chocolate shake arrived and they slid into a booth to enjoy their drinks.
The boy looked at his milkshake with contempt.
"I wish I'd asked for vanilla," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment