donate

Sunday 12 June 2016

Life in Forms

"And fill this one in. Just your name and address will be fine. Sign here amd here and initial here."
The woman pointed at the places where he was meant to sign and initial, but he was already forgetting it as it was being said. He was applying for a mortgage. The bank had all of his details already. Why did they need him to fill out so many bloody forms?
A rainforest had been decimated just so he could write the same information a million times. He had writer's cramp, for Christ's sake.
"Oh hang on, I forgot these."
The woman laughed as she pulled yet more papers from her drawer.
"What's this?"
"A couple more forms."
"No."
"What do you mean 'no'?"
"I mean I'm not filling out more of your stupid forms. I'm done."
"But if you don't fill them out you won't be able to get a mortgage."
"Houses are overrated anyway. I think I'll just live in a tent in the woods."
He got up and left the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment