donate

Friday 6 April 2018

Holiday

It was nice to get away from it all. The hustle and bustle of the office was a million miles away. Actually it was scarcely 200 miles away, but it didn't feel it.
I was incommunicado. There was no mobile phone coverage and they hadn't even heard of wifi where I was. Nothing would disturb me.
After three days of pleasant country strolling I was bored. Imagine that. The first holiday I'd taken in almost two years and I was bored. Unbelievable.
I drove to the nearest proper town, about 20 miles away to find a bookshop. As I parked I felt my phone begin to vibrate. I'd stumbled across a pocket of coverage and all my messages were being received.
I took the phone from my pocket and saw that I had over 50 new text messages. All of them were from the office.
I wished I'd never gone on that stupid holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment