donate

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Homework Excuse

I'd forgotten all about it. One minute you've got the whole week stretching out in front of you like a sea of opportunity and then all of a sudden it's the last minute. There's no in between phase - it's all the time in the world or none at all.
Now it's ten minutes until I need to go. 10 minutes. 600 seconds. A sixth of an hour. 1/144 of a day. 1/1008 of a week. And still I procrastinate by doing sums rather than the task at hand.
Now there's only five minutes to go. 300 seconds. 1/12 of an hour. Oh, you get the picture.
It would probably have been a lot easier if I'd done it sooner. But then would it? Unless there's a parallel universe where I actually did it and we can somehow examine the work, we'll never know.
Time's nearly up and I've still done nothing. Oh well, maybe I'll say the dog ate it or perhaps a more elaborate story about a sinkhole opening up outside my house and swallowing my work. Or perhaps a weird civilisation needed a sacrifice for one of their gods. Yes, that's it. Very believable. I haven't got my work because it was used to prevent an apocalypse.
Sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment